Friday, March 8, 2013

Bento Lunch

Feeling as of I fit the part of the hypocritical Momma as of late due to the four Happy Meals I've fed my kids in the last month and a half. Once in a while I am going to bring a smile to my sons faces and feed them junk but I made a purchase today that should save me cash and the inconvenience of finding Healthy lunches on the go. We are now full blown bento box lunchers. I can get excessively creative in filling them or just throw some turkey, cheese, and fruit in there and call it a day.The boxes we chose are made by Green Sprouts. I like these products because they are earth friendly but I don't always find them to be very durable. I recomend seeing the products made by this company in person before buying because the level of quality differs significantly. In this case they really fit the bill at under ten bucks a piece. I found most of the other brands to be too large for small children. Hopefully these will last us a reasonable amount of time. We also purchased sandwich boxes made by Crocodile Creek. They seem quite durable and I can easily use them as bento boxes by adding silicon cupcake cups to create customized dividers. The one thing to note here is that they are not airtight so do take that into account when packing these up.Also Parenting Magazine has a nifty slideshow with good bento ideas. See it here. http://www.parenting.com/gallery/bento-lunch-boxes?pnid=114082


No comments:

Post a Comment