Friday, March 1, 2013

A Fort Kit

I threw together this fun kit for Milo's 3rd birthday. It includes anything you might need to build numerous types of forts. I sewed the tipi cover to fit 48 inch wooden dowles. I found a wild looking toggle button that looks like a bear tooth. It's perfect in form as well as function as the large opening is easy for small hands to manipulate. The "pelt" rug is actually a square of fun fur fabric which I sewed onto a down comforter for a little added padding. All of this fits into a laundry bag with a variety of clips, clothespins, funky duct tape, suction cup hooks, ropes, clip on lights and a couple of tapestries from my bygone hippy past. So its as good for tipi building as it is for making the most out of a big old cardboard box.

No comments:

Post a Comment